Cinco De Mayo: Easy Shrimp Taco and Margarita Recipe
It's Cinco De Mayo and although we may be enjoying it a bit differently this year, celebrating is not cancelled! If you're spending your cinco at home or prepping for a major zoom party, we've sourced easy and fun recipes for your festivities!
We snagged this delicious recipe from wonkywonderful.com and we can't wait to try it out! It's the perfect recipe to spice up your taco Tuesday festivities fresh ingredients, roasted shrimp and tortillas.
- Large Wild Shrimp
- Olive Oil (or avocado oil)
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Green Cabbage
- Red or Orange Bell Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
How To Make Shrimp Tacos
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Rinse and Drain thawed shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with oil and spices. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (depending on size) or until shrimp are pink and in a loose ‘C’ shape
- Grill tortillas in an oiled skillet or grill pan until light golden brown.
- Layer cabbage, peppers, shrimp, avocado and cilantro inside tortilla. Drizzle sauce over the top and serve.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Add enough lime juice to make the sauce drizzle-able.
- 2oz Tequila
- 1oz Triple Sec
- 1oz Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Agave Nectar (optional)
- Lime and Salt For Rim
- After you’ve squeezed the limes, take the shell and rub it around half of the glass rim, then dip in fine sea salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and toss in the lime shells to muddle in.
- Shake over ice for 10-15 seconds and fine strain into the chilled and rimmed Margarita glass.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
- The Passionfruit Margarita is a great twist; use the recipe as above, though add the flesh of one passionfruit and a half shot of passionfruit syrup.
- How about an Italian Margarita? Just add half a shot of Amaretto to the standard Margarita recipe.
- Just not that into Margaritas? Check out these Cinco De Mayo Drinks That Aren’t Margaritas!